Although the scope of available services is fairly broad access to dental care is limited by a modest dental staff size with priority provided to patients in need of emergency treatment and routine care and emergency treatment in support of mission ready active duty personnel.
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.
After hours, emergencies are triaged through the hospital's Emergency Room and transferred to the Dental Department.
Operative dentistry (fillings)
Prosthodontics (crown and bridge work)
Endodontics (root canal), oral surgery (wisdom teeth)
Oral hygiene (cleaning) Currently USNH provides cleanings to active duty military and as needed to prevent down range dental emergency (class III mitigation)
All patients should be screened and treated before departure with these limitations in mind:
- Access to routine care for GS employees, dependents, DoD contract personnel is limited and patients are strongly encouraged to have all dental work completed before arriving
- Non-DOD contract personnel have access to treatment on a space available, fee-for-service basis, as there is no off-base alternative
- Orthodontic treatment, Implant treatment, or complex pediatric care are not available
- Patients requiring orthodontic treatment, implant treatment, or complex pedodontic care (class three and higher) should be disqualified for PCS to NSGB
- Complex, active periodontal (gum disease) treatment should be completed before PCS to NSGB
How are we doing?
Dental Customer Evaluation (ICE)
Patients are encouraged to complete the online Dental Customer Service Survey each time you visit our facility, especially if you observe a difference in the care received, whether positive or negative. Feedback from our dental patients is extremely important in assisting our team to make a positive and lasting impression of our facility and your care.