Women's Health & Pregnancy
Scope of Care
Maternity care and delivery for routine pregnancies is provided. High risk pregnancies that may require specialized care may be referred to a stateside provider. If you or your spouse are in a high-risk category and are pregnant, discuss with overseas screening before reporting to Guantanamo Bay.
Available services include diagnosis and treatment of abnormal PAP Smear.
Contraceptive services include education and counseling on contraceptive options for initiation of prescription contraceptives and are accessible by scheduled appointment or on a walk-in basis during clinic hours.
Please contact the clinic if you have any questions regarding services available and a member of the team will be glad to assist you.
Mammography is not available at USNH GB. Women 40 and older, or women with a family history of breast cancer must obtain an examination before reporting to Guantanamo Bay. Women who require a mammogram during their tour will be referred for stateside care.
How are we doing?
Women's Health Customer Evaluation (ICE)
– Patients are encouraged to complete the online Women's Health Customer Service Survey each time you visit our facility, especially if you observe a difference in the care received, whether positive or negative. Feedback from our women's health patients is extremely important in assisting our team to make a positive and lasting impression of our facility and your care.
Links of Interest: **
- Women's Health – The federal government’s source for Women's Health information.
- CDC Women's Health Website – The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website has a variety of topics and information addressing the advancement of Women's Health and Safety.
- U.S. FDA Women – The U.S. Food & Drug Administration website contains a wide variety of women’s health topics, programs, and other educational resources.
- Uniform Business Office – For any questions concerning insurance.
** The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy, and Naval Health Clinic Oak Harbor of the linked web sites, or the information, products, or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare, and Recreation sites, the United States Department of Defense, the United States Department of the Navy and USNH GB does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. These links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this Department of Defense web site.